In order to be able to offer an attractive local transport system in rural areas, there is a need for flexible alternative arrangements alongside bus routes running on particular axes and providing school transport.
These could be in the form of demand-led offerings such as dial-a-bus or call-and-collect taxi services, or a voluntary citizens' bus. Coach pooling, or linking with medical and social transport services, can also help to ensure affordable mobility for passengers and local authorities in rural areas.
We assist local authorities and public transport authorities in the planning and implementation of flexible alternative offerings. Our services include, for example:
- Support in setting targets
- Development of operator and organisation models
- Tender planning and quantity determination
- Implementation of demand, costs, and revenue calculations
- Consultancy on scheduling systems
- Support for procurement and approval processes